Thursday, January 26, 2012

My 6 Reasons Why Eating Out is Better than Cooking

I must admit that I have a vested interest in one side of this argument, being an owner of a booming restaurant business. But it wasn't always this way. In fact, long before I even thought about becoming an entrepreneur, as a family we enjoyed eating out. I got to thinking why that is. Perhaps you can add to my list of reasons? Here’s my top 6

1. No grocery shopping - Grocery stores purposely change their stores around and make things hard to find so that people have to search. That takes a huge amount of time. The most expensive items are always at eye level. Aside from meeting cute girls when I was dating, the grocery experience has always annoyed me. And I find that I always fall into their trap and buy more than I intended because I see something that looks good.

2. Relaxing - Since part of the restaurant experience is service, there is no need to spend time slaving over a hot stove. You can sit back and take it easy, telling stories with your friends and family - and who doesn't like that?

3. Restaurants always taste better - many restaurants have a professional chef working to cook you up great food. Even if you choose a more casual restaurant, the cook will be experienced and likely talented. This almost always makes the food taste better. Sorry Mom.

4. Eating out is convenient - Whether you work, you're a student, or you're a stay at home parent, life is busy. Eating out allows you to get what you want exactly when you want it. Cooking takes a lot of time, and unfortunately people today do not have a lot of time.

5. Experience - The experience is great. Going out to eat can help stop your kids from fighting or give you a nice night out with your friends. Eating good food is fun!

6. No dishes to wash! This is my all time favourite reason to eat out. I hate cleaning up. The servers just carry the dishes away after I’m done and, unless I forget my wallet, I never have to worry about the mess.

So, I’m challenging you to add to the list, or provide your top items for why you think eating at home is better – lets talk about this!

//Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment